Okay, what is this O! What a Geek: Library Learning 2.0 stuff anyhow?
Learning 2.0 is an online, self paced learning program designed to help staff discover some web 2.0 technologies freely available on the internet. The program was developed by Helene Blowers from the Public Library of Charlotte and
Each topic consists of:
- Discovery resources and instructions;
- Activities to complete.
More information about Learning 2.0 is on the O! What a Geek blog including the 23 topics or ‘things’ for staff to complete and links to other Learning 2.0 programs done by libraries across the nation and around the world.
- Computer with Internet access (this could be a staff computer in the back room, a laptop or perhaps on a public service desk);
- Sound card and headphones may be needed for some topics;
- And most importantly… A sense of adventure to learn and PLAY!
Okay, that sounds all right but how can I add this to my current tasks?
- Because it is an online program, you can control the amount of time you spend on each activity.
- Aim for 15 minutes a day playing with the new technology, though you may find yourself doing quite a bit more!